**Please visit Zillow Careers or email Hannah Moats, Zillow Recruiter, to apply**
About the Team
Are you interested in innovating new computer vision and deep learning technologies to power immersive experiences that change how people experience and envision their next home? Zillow’s Rich Media Experiences (RMX) team employs computer vision, 3D, and deep learning to invent the technology that enables Zillow's customers to make sense of a homes information in order to find their dream home. Using groundbreaking technologies, our team works across product, research, engineering, and business to enable people to walk through a home. You'll be offered a rare chance to create new state-of-the-art technologies that deliver unrivaled information and visual experiences to our customers. You can be a part of empowering the next-generation of home shopping.
About the Role
The RMX Team is looking for an Applied Scientist to help us advance Zillow's mission by developing outstanding and highly engaging user experiences. This is a new space, and the team wants to add a curious and intuitive scientist to help advance this initiative. The team is staffed with researchers, engineers, and designers building spatial understanding algorithms and deep learning models that power immersive media experiences for buyers and renters.
As an Applied Scientist, you will work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our team’s technical and research work and position them to thrive. You will be encouraged to think outside the box and challenge established assumptions and expectations, not by building on what we already have, but coming up with new ideas that spark innovation and creativity. Our solutions will ingest large volumes of data (imagery and metadata), and process it to build the exciting and immersive experiences that can be explored on zillow.com .
Who You Are
As an Applied Scientist, you are a roll-up-the-sleeves and get it done researcher in machine learning with exposure to computer vision. This is a new space, and we are looking for someone who has:
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or related domain
- Exposure to computer vision research, building models & algorithms
- Proficiency (academic is acceptable) with a high-level programming language (Python and/or C++)
- Experience training machine learning models in frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Strong record of academic collaboration with a publishing record
- Practical knowledge of Deep Learning (academic coursework is acceptable)
- The communication skills to work collaboratively to prototype, develop and implement new technologies
- The tenacity to embrace and solve challenging problems