Data Scientist - Deep Learning Focus
Alto Neuroscience is a private company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Alto is developing a new generation of neural biomarker-based diagnostic tests and personalized treatments for use in psychiatry, based on a platform built from data aggregated at scale and proprietary artificial intelligence analysis tools. The team combines world-leading neuroscientists and business executives with experience commercializing products for the brain.
There currently is no objective way to diagnose psychiatric illness, nor to identify which treatment is best for an individual patient. Treatment selection is presently done by trial-and-error as there are no reliable blood tests nor objective brain measures, for example, that can inform these decisions. This results in clinical care that is highly inefficient and costly. Alto is focused on addressing this need through finding novel brain biomarkers that can define actionable subtypes of psychiatric illnesses, or inform the development and deployment of new treatments. To that end, we are building a platform capable of identifying a pipeline of new brain-based candidate biomarkers that can underpin new product opportunities.
ROLE SUMMARY - DEEP LEARNING DATA SCIENTIST
Under direct supervision of the chief technology and medical officers, the Data Scientist will complete custom deep learning algorithm development and programming tasks within a developing IT infrastructure surrounding 1) large-scale clinical and biomarker datasets and 2) incoming data from prospective clinical studies. Work will include developing data processing workflows, primarily in python, for the following tasks:
- Feature learning from a multimodal set of brain signals using deep learning
- Correlating brain signals with clinical information using deep learning
- Working closely with Alto’s data science and medical teams to deliver novel diagnostic and
therapeutic solutions for brain health
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and deploy deep learning models for brain signal-based prediction tasks
- Develop visualization tools to interpret results
- Daily responsibilities will include algorithmic design and implementation, data analysis,
coding/debugging, troubleshooting, and documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative fields
- 1+ year of brain data analysis experience
- 3+ years of Python/Matlab programming/development experience
- 3+ years of deep learning (supervised & unsupervised) experience, with good understanding in
statistical machine learning and optimization
- 1+ peer reviewed publications in deep learning
- Be a team player while being able to work independently
- Share a desire to improve mental healthcare delivery
- Coding experience in linux/CentOS environment
- Good to have: Cloud development experience, MATLAB, and EEG data analysis experience
If interested, please email info@altoneuroscience and let us know why you think you would be a good fit for the role.